Dread Pirate Bob’s Favorite Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups black cherry soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container pre-made vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons cherry extract
- 1 to 2 drops pink food coloring
- 24 whole maraschino cherries with stems
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, soda, vegetable oil and eggs. Using a hand mixer combine all ingredients, batter will still be somewhat lumpy. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake 19 to 22 minutes, turning the pans halfway through baking. Remove to a rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine frosting, cherry extract and pink food coloring. When cupcakes are cool ice with pink cherry frosting and top each with maraschino cherry